Covid-19 has disrupted daily life and affected many sectors, forcing many into new unfamiliar grounds, whether as a business owner, a parent, a student, a health professional or a worker, members of our society are all experiencing change. Do you think you have an innovative solution that can tackle a social, medical, educational, environmental or logistical challenge that has been identified during Covid19 using tech, media or design? Send us your thoughts and ideas and get a chance to win a free one year membership at in5, which includes the following benefits:
- Access to attend exclusive workshops and talks
- One on one advisory and mentorship sessions with experts,
- Opportunity to network with like-minded individuals
In addition to the membership, winners will get 30 full day sessions to use at any of the in5 facilities including the design prototyping lab, main production studio, mini production studio, green room and sound recording studio.
Are you up for the challenge? Send your thoughts and ideas to email@example.com by June 6th 2020
The email should include the following documents:
- Passport copy
- Personal details including name, email, contact number and a short biography about yourself
- The submission should be in a presentation format addressing the following points:
- The challenge you are addressing
- People who have been affected by this challenge( your target audience)
- The proposed solution to this challenge. You can use drawings, sketches or other ways to illustrate your solution
- Identify what you would need in order to materialize this solution – this can include special technology, equipment, materials, skills etc.
Please make sure you do not send any zipped files and the email size is under 10MB. You can send wetransfer links if required.
Selection criteria and eligibility:
- Should be UAE Resident
- The idea needs to be original
- The identified challenge is a consequence of Covid 19
- The proposed solution uses either technology, media or design
Needs some ideas? Here is what you can explore:
- Designing quick and cost effective ways to produce medical equipment that there is a big demand for usage and current shortage in supply
- Space utilization to quickly transform a space into a medical facility for testing or any other purpose
- Tools to track and measure the spread of the virus and support social distancing and its effectiveness
- Create content or digital tools that can help people cope with anxiety due to the current situation
- Creating content that aims to bring people together using different online platforms.
- Designing safe disinfecting devices for deliveries, groceries and goods, mobile phones etc.
- Edutainment programs & platforms for distant learning students
By submitting a proposal for the challenge the participant declares and agrees that:
- All information about the participant is true and free from any claim by third-party, business partners, legal impediments and/or any other claim
- All elements of the presented solution, included but not limited to concept, execution, methods and materials, and any other component of what is defined as to be “The submission to competition” and presented to in5 is original, and a result of its own creation and creative process, and in any way is subjected to any kind of legal and/or intellectual property dispute, in the UAE or abroad;
- in5 or any of its employees, direct and indirect, will evaluate submitted projects/ideas only for the purposes of this competition, without any claim, now or in the future, about any kind of ownership and/or intellectual property. Moreover, in5 will not share, publicize, and disclose in full nor in part, any of the submitted projects/ideas without expressed permission of Participant;