EO GSEA Student Entrepreneur Competition 2019-2020
GSEA is the world's premier award for students who run companies and study at the same time. Founded in 1998 by Saint Louis University, GSEA is now an Entrepreneurs’ Organization program.
Nominees compete with their peers from around the world in a series of local and/or national competitions in hopes to qualify for GSEA Finals.
- You must be enrolled for the current academic year in a university/college as an undergraduate or graduate student at the time of application.
- Full-time enrollment is not required; part-time enrollment is acceptable.
- You must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of your company and principally responsible for its operation. Each company can be represented by only one owner/co-founder.
- Your business must have been in operation for at least six consecutive months prior to the application.
- Your business must have generated US $500 or received US $1000 in investments at the time of application.
- You should not have been one of the top seven finalists from any previous year’s GSEA Global Finals Competition.
- The age cap for participation is 30 years of age.
- Graduate students are eligible to apply only if they have continually enrolled in a university following their undergraduate degree and not left school to work on their business or to seek other employment. Exceptions can be made for students who have taken up to 12 months’ break before beginning their postgraduate education.
How do the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards help student business owners?
- Access to successful entrepreneurs. Feedback. Mentorship.
- Refined elevator pitches. Going head to head with other business owners and answering tough questions about their business to our judges helps competitors improve their pitch skills and enhance their ability to communicate the value proposition of their business.
- Expanded networks. Competitors will meet other student entrepreneurs from around the world, as well as Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) members and our honored guests.
- Media Exposure. Competitors will receive local and national media attention for themselves and their business.
- Dubai Competition Winner will receive AED.150,000 worth of prices in combination of cash and business services and will vary by location.
- At the Global Finals, students compete for a prize package of US$25,000 in cash and a total value of over $40,000, which includes a travel/lodging expense paid trip to compete in the Global Finals. Second place will receive US$10,000 and third place will receive US$5,000.
- Additional awards are given at the Global Finals for Social Impact, Innovation, and Lessons from the Edge.
Email to the GSEA team for any questions and queries.
Application Closing Date i 18 Dec 2019.
Apply to join the competition at this link http://gsea.org/apply