Is Your Cloud Architecture Ready for TV Prime-Time Scale? A Deep Dive into Architecture at Scale
Your startup is about to be featured on one of the biggest TV News Channels. After this broadcast you are expecting a huge spike in traffic. However, your application currently runs on only two virtual machines – one for your website and the other for your database – Will it scale? In this session you’ll learn the most important principles to ensure your application is scalable and discover some new Azure services to help you along the way.
You’ll leave this session with a fundamental understanding of:
- Content Scalability: (CDN, Caches, Azure Front Door)
- Intensive Workloads Offloading (Azure Logic App, Container Instance, Service Bus)
- Scaling your Data (flat storage, relational databases, Non-relational databases)
- Scaling your Compute (app service auto-scale, serverless, containers)
- Monitoring & Find area to optimize (Azure Advisors, Application Insights)
Christopher Maneu is a Senior Cloud Engineer & Developer Advocate at Microsoft. His mission is to help every technologist on the planet succeed, focusing on startups. He works with, and teaches, developers across the continent on cloud and open-source technologies. Before joining R&D, he helped large corporations and startups to create user-friendly apps & services and helped to build teams behind these services. Previous to his time at Microsoft, Christopher was an engineering lead at Deezer.com, a worldwide music streaming service.