For the first time, in5 would like to offer its members and startups the opportunity to activate and use allocated space in one of the containers at in5 Design in Dubai Design District. The space can be used to showcase a member or startup’s products, designs, demos, prototypes, or services whether in the format of a pop up, exhibition, demonstration, showroom, screening etc.
- To be considered for the container takeover, applicant must comply to the following eligibility criteria:Applicant must be an active in5/DDFC member or an in5 incubated startup
- Applicant must have a trade license (if the activity taking place in the popup requires a trade license ex: selling, hosting an event, offering a service)
- Ability to manage your (P.O.S) Point Of Sale (If required)
- Ability to manage and man your popup and ensure compliance with in5 rules
- Ability to return the container to its original condition as it was handed to the member/startup
How to Apply:
Members who are interested in applying should email email@example.com with their “in5 Container Takeover” proposal including:
- Container takeover pop-up proposal description – detailing the kind of activity and programming
- Marketing plan for the proposed pop up – please detail if you will be organizing an opening, promoting and marketing channels, and any other efforts to drive footfall and awareness to the space
- The required period, suggested dates and duration for the pop-up.
- 5-10 Images of the proposed popup proposal
- Trade license with the appropriate activity that matches the activity taking place in the pop-up ex: selling, hosting an event, offering a service
- Personal bio
- Installation, setup requirements, including but not limited to project dimensions, display units, AV setup and lighting, depending on project’s needs
- Any required permits or non-objection certificates issued by the respected authority
- Videos and Dropbox links will not be accepted. Documents can be shared over Wetransfer link
- Installation costs are the responsibility of the member.
in5 team reserves the right to reject or approve any specific setup requirement at its sole discretion
All proposals must be submitted by December 7th, 2019.
in5 Design Container Takeover pop-up dates
Selected projects will be assigned their containers, duration and dates by in5 according to availability.
FAQ’s / Important information:
- This open call is exclusive to active in5/DDFC members and in5 incubated startups
- There is no theme, the pop-up will be selected based on availability and relevance
- Members and startups can propose their container takeover design and activation provided they will cover costs of production, setup, management and attracting their own audience.
- There is no participation fee for this opportunity.
- The proposal should be open to public attendance and not private
- Any logistics costs (delivery of work, materials, production, etc.) are the member’s responsibility.
- in5 may be able to provide some furniture such as basic rails and tables – subject to availability.
in5 will promote the in5 Design container takeover through its innovation centers, newsletter, mailers and social media platforms
For additional information, please contact us at SHOWCASE@DDFC.GOV.AE or 8003332